Dr. Zeltz University of Northern Iowa
- Taught audience how to backchannel on Twitter #drzcooks
- Learning is Social!
- Learning is Contextualized
- typewith.me Collaborative word processing documents – Can change the name after the forward slash to what you want instead of the random numbers the site gives your document. My kids LOVE this site!
- http://drzreflects.com – Dr. Z’s blog
- Gen Y characteristics: like to learn, work, and play at same time
- Don Tapscott – author of Growing up Digital – check out his YouTube channel – info on working with Millenials
- Skype – Around the World with Skype – dotsub.com
- http://audioboo.fm – record and upload audio – Use it to give an audio assessment to kids ; add .mp3 to end of address of recording and you can send the kids the file
- Use Google Forms to collect data from kids
- Jing – free download for screencasting – http://www.techsmith.com/jing/
- Jaycut – http://jaycut.com – Online video/audio editor
- Flipping the classroom – creating videos for the kids to watch at home allowing for more time to collaborate in the classroom.