Sue Bedard and Rena Hanaway, Full Sail University
Both presenters used Vokis to introduce themselves. Cute!
Using Qwizdom remotes for questions they’ve embedded during presentation.
Challenge Based Learning
- students direct learning
- provide a solution to a challenge
- teacher facilitates the process
- purposeful use of Web 2.0 tools for organizing, collaborating, and publishing
- 24/7 access to up-to-date technology tool and resources so students can their work
- Big Idea, Essential Question, The Challenge, Guiding Questions, Guiding Activities, Guiding Resources, Solution/Action, Assessment, Publishing student sample
Rubrics being used by most educators to assess, followed by Tests.
Sharing Web 2.0 Sites
- http://www.zimmertwins.com/ – Online video creation site for young kids; they can also comment on other videos
- http://bitstrips.com – comic creator
- http://schoology.com – set up your own online classroom
- http://goanimate.com/ – make your own animated videos; they can comment on each other’s videos
- http://www.dipity.com/– create and embed timelines
- http://www.timetoast.com/ – timeline creator